Sunday, December 16, 2012

Concert Time


This year was the concert season that couldn't end fast enough. Every time I got one thing under control, something else went wrong. We had scheduling issues, cancelled rehearsals, I had 2 kids in handbells hospitalized with pneumonia, we had a $1000 handbell break right before our concert and had to have parts overnighted so we could play (luckily the part that broke was only $10), a student in handbells who needed emergency tonsil surgery right before the concert, (so I was going to play her part and the kids wouldn't have had a director) the day before the concert her surgery got cancelled and we were back to normal....and that's just the start of it. To top it all off, the only time I have gotten sick during my pregnancy of course was all night the night before my 13 hour day filled with 2 concerts. UGH! My poor handbells kiddos only had one rehearsal with all 11 of them between October 1st and the concert. All things considered, I though they did a pretty amazing job considering they only had 7, 40 minute rehearsals all year. We pulled everything off and no one in the audience knew of everything that had gone wrong and I was so proud of my kids. Most of all though, I was happy to get a nap and some rest after all the madness was over!


 Howard County Children's Chorus Concert at the High School.


Regular School concert at night.




 I just can't say enough about my awesome art teacher at school. She did another backdrop for me and it was beautiful! She is so talented and so giving of her time. Just recently this week she won the Howie Award for MD Art Teacher of the Year. She is wonderful and we are lucky to have her!