Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wine Pairing Dinner at the Beach

My cousin Suzy and I both love cooking and coming up with new recipes. So...during our week at the beach we decided to make one night a wine pairing night. We made a 4 course meal paired with 4 different wines for everyone. It was a great success and it was a blast.
We made hummus and a Mediterranean plate, and a cheese plate with dips and several kinds of gourmet cheese and french bread for appetizers. We made 5 different kinds of gourmet pizzas, like Spanish chorizo and shrimp with smoked cheese, Steak with paprika butter and Gorgonzola reduction and a smoked gouda mac n' cheese, and a chocolate fondue, fruit, and a chocolate sampler with bizarre chocolates like chili pepper chocolate and salt and pepper chocolate. Each course was paired with a different wine to compliment the food.
Suzy's boyfriend, Tommy was nice enough to be our photographer for the evening to get pictures of the action.
Suzy and me cooking up a storm.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm so impressed! You are so fancy! I'm not showing this post to Danny. Then he might expect me to cook!