Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kristy's Has A JOB!!!!!

Last week I was hired at a school system in Howard County Maryland. I am teaching elementary music K-3 at two elementary schools. I interviewed last Monday and Tuesday, I was hired on Tuesday afternoon, signed my contract Wednesday morning, and started Wednesday!!!! What a week that was to process. I had new teacher orientation last week and I just started teacher workdays today. Both schools are VERY nice and it is an extremely affluent school system. My mom was shocked at all of the extra "perks" we get....like a free MAC Book Pro loaded with fun music software for me to bring home and play with. I really like the school system so far and I'm excited for the kids to come on Monday. Jason is very glad that I got a full time teaching job as well, he seemed to think I was getting bored since I was teaching myself how to sew curtains and I was painting rooms while he was at work. We are super excited. There are about 1200 students in all and I will teach about 350 of them since I am at two different schools. I also have a 50 minute commute to one of the schools and a 30 minute commute to the other....WITHOUT traffic, but I will take it for the experience, and the fact that It's A JOB in my field!!!!! Bollman Bridge Elementary School, Jessup, MD Waverly Elementary School, Ellicott City, MD

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Congratulations Kristy. The schools look great. We are so proud of you. I am sure your students will love you!