Thursday, February 14, 2013

The Best Students!!!

 I have to brag because I have the best students in the world. My kids made my day yesterday. We had half days with kids on Wednesday and Thursday of this week because we work until 8 for parents teacher conferences. On the half days I always have a long after school rehearsal with my 11 5th graders in handbells. Well, my 5th graders had other plans. They ambushed the rehearsal and threw me a surprise baby shower. It was so cute. Apparently, they set up a meeting with our principal during their recess time several weeks before and they asked for his approval to "book" a room in the building so they could have a party. He made them write letters to their parents asking them for help. They brought in balloons, decorations, food, brownies, cupcakes, and baby gifts. It was such a kind and thoughtful party. They took their recess and their lunch period to decorate the room. They set a table so we could all sit and eat and they were totally sneaky. I had no idea!!!! They even cleaned up and then got everything ready so we could still rehearsal for 45 minutes. They tried really hard to behave too after all of the sugar they had. Needless to say we weren't very productive but they tried so hard and they absolutely made my day.

 Group hug!
 Opening my gift. All of the kids signed a copy of the book Giraffes Can't Dance, which is one of my favorites and they also got us a Babies R Us gift card and an Amazon gift card. So sweet!


1 comment:

Erin said...

That was so nice of your students!