Monday, August 29, 2011

Weather, Weather, and More Weather

Just a little update. I'm sure you have all heard (it's all the news talks about here) we had an earthquake and a hurricane all in the same week. What are the chances? During my first work week back to school, we had the earthquake while I was in a meeting and our county shut down early. My poor mom had the earthquake (they were much closer to the epicenter) on her first day of school with kids. I can't imagine an earthquake with 30 first graders. Luckily I didn't have kids that day. I have never been in an earthquake before and didn't know what was happening so my first instinct was to hold onto the table...great plan right? All of my co-workers were yelling "Trueblood, it's an earthquake, what are you doing?" Jason called right away because we weren't really sure what had happened yet. Very very strange day that's for sure.
So, we survived that little drama for the week and here comes Irene. We got lots of wind, trees down, power outages, but that's about it. However, it was enough to get me out of school on the first day of school. Amazing that we haven't even started and I'm already making up days at the end of the year. As for the media, we have heard nothing but Irene, earthquake, aftershocks, and Libya. We're rather bored with the morning news here, but doing well:)

No comments: