Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring Chorus and Handbells Concert

 

My students had their spring chorus and handbell concert this week. I was SO proud of them! They did such an awesome job and they have come so far since their first concert in December. The kids also did some really difficult music. I taped the casual school concert because you can see a little better because there aren’t 300 people in the cafeteria. When we had the concert for the public in the evening, they forgot to request that central office put the AC back on for the evening. So…it was 90 degrees in the cafeteria for our concert. I have about 90 kids in chorus and 11 in handbells. Pirates of the Caribbean was one of my favorites and I was so excited that they were able to pull it off since it is a high school level piece. I was super proud of all of my kids. Here a some videos of a few of the songs that they performed.

 

Fireflies
In the Hall of the Mountain King
Pirates of the Caribbean
We Are the World

No comments: