Sunday, May 9, 2010

This weekend

This weekend we had a lot going on. My parents came up to visit...really because I think my dad wanted to play with the dog:) We also had my mom's sister and her family over for dinner. They had their granddaughter Sofie with them because Kathy and Geoff just had baby number 2 William James Perry. The baby came 3 1/2 weeks early but the baby and Kathy are doing fine. We are so excited for them. Jason and I also got a bunch of additional house projects done.
Sofie playing in her Disney princess dress.
We finished the side of the house where we removed 3 huge trees. We planted grass seed and some flowers, we are just waiting for it to grow. My grandmother, who lived right across the street from Lonza where Jason works, always had the most amazing garden. Many of my flowers are pieces of things that my mom got from her. She always had concord grape vines too which were my favorite. I used to sit out in her garden and eat them right off the vine for hours when I was little. So, I decided I wanted to concord grapes of my own. We planted the stakes and the vines. It is still a work in progress, but if all goes well we will have grapes in September. We put together a much needed storage shed and also out fire pit that we got from Danny and Erin for Christmas. It is finally warm enough and our yard doesn't look like a jungle. We are so excited to use it. And of course...more pictures of Flash, just because he's cute. He was pooped after having all of the people in the house. A lot going on for the little guy!

No comments: