Saturday, July 28, 2012

House projects

Jason and I had the horrible idea of repainting our foyer. It needed it badly, but boy was that an awful job. Our foyer has 25 foot ceilings and we also has 8 doors to paint and all of the woodwork. Flash was less than thrilled with our idea and he kept wanting to play. He threw his bone off of the first story loft area and it landed in my paint on the basement floor. There was paint everywhere! I think I still have paint in my hair! Flash also got scared of the ladder and when he ran, he ran into the wet wall. There was a flash print on our wall and he had paint all over



We eventually got the painting done, but it was a long and difficult job. We just painted it white to cover up all of the chalky contractor paint. There was no way I was going to attempt painting the 25 foot wall in color. Besides, we have done enough color recently in the living room amd the red kitchen. Now we have the 25 foot ceilings going upstairs to the bedrooms to do. However I don't think I ever want to see a paint can again!






Jason and I decided that it was time to update
the guest bedrooms a little. When we first got married we got the cheapest bed in a bag we could find so that we had something on the beds. They didn't fit that great and they weren't very warm either. So we updated, put some different curtains up and added a few things. They are still in progress, need paint, and some stuff on the wall but we are getting there.



Guest bedrooms are ready for anyone who wants to visit:)

No comments: